I see books at stores or on other people’s bookshelves, or borrow them from the library but have to return them …
- Vanessa Christenson’s Simply Color series, Blue, Red, Orange, Purple, Yellow, Green published by Lucky Spool Media, LLC She explains the CMYK colour wheel in terms that are meaningful to textile artists/quilters. Great range of projects that can be translated into different colour schemes if you choose to. Will definitely have to buy at least one of these!
- I’d rather be in the studio, by Alyson B. Stanfield, ISBN 978-0-9742725-8-0 52495 – this deals with self-promotion for artists, her website has tons of free useful stuff!
- Quilters Playtime; Games with Fabric, by Dianne S. Hire, # 1294 in our Quilt Guild library and now in my personal collection 🙂
- Fabric Art Workshop; Exploring Techniques & Materials for Fabric Artists & Quilters, by Susan Stein, #1721 in our Quilt Guild library
- Create Your Own Hand-Printed Cloth, by Rayna Gillman, # 1722 in our Quilt Guild library
- Create Your Own Free-Form Quilts, by Rayna Gillman, # 2167 in Quilt Guild library
- Domino Knitting, by Vivian Hoxbro, in Central Library 746.4320432
- Beautiful Beaded & Embroidered Fabric, by Cindy Gorder, in Central Library 746.5
- Essential William Morris, by Iain Zaczek, in Central Library, 745.4492
- Craft Activism: People, Ideas, and Projects from the New Community of Handmade and How You Can Join In, by Joan Tapper, Central Library 745.5 TAP
- Successful Scrap Quilts from Simple Rectangles, by Judy Turner & Margaret Rolfe, #B-682 in Quilt Guild library
- Connecting Design to Stitch, by Sandra Meech Quilt Guild library 42/005 (revamped numbering system)
- Journeys to Abstraction: 100 Contemporary Paintings and Their Secrets Revealed, by Sue St. John North Light Books, 2012 and artistnetwork.com/journeystoabstraction
The Creative Habit, Learn It and Use It for Life, Twyla Tharp, Simon & Schuster, 2003 153.35 THA in library
The Craftsman, by Richard Sennett, Yale University Press, 2008 601 SEN in Central Library